5 Tell-Tale Signs It’s Time to Upgrade Your Copier
The copier plays an integral role in the workplace and is the hub for printing, copying, scanning, and faxing. Despite their heavy reliance on copiers, some businesses are reluctant to upgrade because of budgetary concerns, or they simply don’t see a need to do so – if it still works, why make the change now? However, hanging onto an aging copier that is “good enough” could be slowing down your business.
If you’re wondering whether it’s time to upgrade, here are five clear signs that a new copier should be in your future:
- Your current copier is hindering your business goals. Is your current copier allowing your business to reach its fullest potential? Newer models offer a plethora of features that will allow your team to be more productive like mobile printing to support on-the-go workers and app technology to streamline workflows. If you feel limited by your current copier, it’s time to upgrade.
- Employees are constantly gathered around the copier waiting on their jobs. Older model copiers are less efficient and take longer to complete jobs. Generally, the older the equipment is, the more maintenance it will require. Each time your machine goes down means that productivity will be slowed in the workplace. On the other hand, new copiers offer features that allow your team to streamline workflows, boost productivity, and increase overall efficiency.
- You’re constantly spending money on maintenance and service. When a copier goes down, the cost of an emergency repair can be expensive. If you are constantly calling your repair technician, upgrading to a new machine that requires fewer repairs and less maintenance can be cost-effective.
- Your copier is getting up there in age. It’s recommended that copiers are replaced every five years. Once your machine reaches the ten-year mark, the amount of money that you’re putting into your machine outweighs the cost of upgrading to a new copier with enhanced functionality.
- Your current copier does not address your security needs. The copier is a common entry point for hackers to gain access to an organization’s network. The latest model copiers offer security features such as encrypted hard drives and password protection to prevent your data from becoming compromised.
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, it’s time to consider upgrading your copier. Please contact us to learn how a new copier will give your business a technological competitive advantage, increase productivity, and help you reach your goals.