5 Ways Document Management Software Can Save You Time
If you’re looking for ways to improve organizational efficiency, increase productivity, reduce time spent looking for documents, and strengthen interdepartmental collaboration, taking your workplace digital can be the right solution.
Document management software can help you to save both time and money. Here are five ways that taking your office digital can save you time and improve your business.
- Simplifying Workflows – Paper-based workflows are by their very nature inefficient and time-consuming. By using document management software, repetitive manual processes like moving documents through various touch points can be simplified. Complex processes where new information or decision steps are added to a workflow can be automated allowing your team to focus on other mission-critical tasks. The right software allows you to create and improve workflows as your business changes, or additional steps are added to a process.
- Integrating Existing Systems – By integrating with your existing software and systems to create a digital workflow, vendor and customer data and other relevant information is just a mouse click away. Integrating with software your team uses every day not only increases efficiency, it reduces human error and also increases the likelihood that they’ll use and support your document management system in general. This allows you to leverage your investment organization-wide.
- Increase Document Retrieval Success – According to a recent PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) study, workers spend an average of 40% of their time managing non-critical business documents. Another study by IDC found that employees typically spend about 20% of their time looking for paper-based documents every day, and about half the time their search ends in failure. With electronic document management, complex search functionality means no more lost time searching for information.
- Protect Your Business from Disaster – Moving paper-based documents to a digital format not only frees-up office space used for storage, it can also help protect your information from physical damage or loss. Natural disasters like fire or flood can destroy physical documents. Electronic document storage offers redundancy, or the ability to store multiple copies in multiple locations. So even if you suffer a catastrophic fire or flood, your important mission-critical information is safe and secure.
- Improve Security of Sensitive Information – Taking a comprehensive approach to document management means understanding how users work with information. Safeguarding documents and file access through user authentication and authorization greatly improves security, and with automated audit trails, every touch point can be monitored and recalled using document management software.
Document management software can help your business deal with a rapidly changing technological landscape, increase efficiency, and keep your business competitive in an increasingly complex business environment. As more businesses transition to digital documentation, your customers will expect to deal with you digitally.
By implementing a document management solution, you’ll stop wasting time handling paper and spend more time doing what’s important – providing your customers with outstanding products and services.