A Mini Guide: What You Need to Know About Digital Transformation
The digital realm surrounds us both personally and professionally with benefits to individuals, the environment, and the business world. Before you begin the digital transformation of your organization, it’s important to have a strategy in place to make the transition more efficient and effective. While any type of change can be difficult, going digital poses a unique set of challenges for businesses of all sizes—but regardless of when, or how, you navigate the process the results are the same: employee empowerment, enhanced resource management and increased profitability.
Here are a few tips to help you get started on your digital transformation along with the benefits you’ll reap when you make the leap to a digital environment.
What is Digital Transformation?
Digital transformation is the implementation of digital technologies for the purpose of creating or modifying significant aspects of your organization, from business processes to customer experience. This transformation also requires a cultural shift in order to meet the needs of a changing market and climate.
Reduce Your Paper Use
One of the easiest first steps you can take is to minimize the use of paper by converting hardcopy documents to digital files, with benefits that include:
- Cost savings. Print costs can be significant, consuming up to three percent or more of your annual revenues. You can instantly save on the cost of storage and consumables by scanning your documents.
- Increased security. End-to-end encryption ensures your information is secure as it travels to and from the cloud, while password protection helps to prevent unauthorized access to your data.
- Enhanced workflow. Fast retrieval, ease of collaboration, and file sharing can streamline business processes.
Automate Common Processes
Manual tasks such as data entry, document routing and filing are time consuming and inefficient. By automating these processes you’ll realize these key benefits:
- Increased profits. With streamlined digital workflows your team can focus their time on innovative work that contributes to top-line growth and profitability.
- Reduced risk. The implementation of rules and standards can ensure the control and security of your sensitive data.
- Greater efficiency. Enhanced document workflows and capabilities lead to a more efficient work environment.
Empower Your Mobile Workforce
Today’s employees are on the move, working from home, on the road, or outside of the confines of the office. When you work in a digital environment, employees can easily access documents as needed any time of the day or night from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Governmental regulations affect a number of industries where privacy concerns are a reality. Compliance with regulations such as HIPAA, GDPR, Sarbanes-Oxley, and more, can overwhelm any organization and failure to comply can lead to costly fines and penalties. Digitization helps to ensure your data is secure and meets or exceeds the standards and mandates for data privacy, retention, disclosure and security. These measures further enhance the overall customer experience and can go a long way towards building confidence in your business.
Contact us at Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office to learn more about digital transformation, and the many ways it can help your business to succeed.