How MPS Can Help Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
In today’s business world we’re all concerned with the changes happening on our planet. Sustainability is a goal we can all strive for which can not only help the environment, but can offer other significant benefits like reduced costs. However, going green is about more than tossing your water bottle into the recycling bin or turning off a light switch. Sustainability at the organizational level is a multifaceted process that can be helped along with Managed Print Services (MPS).
A recent study by The Paperless Project found:
- The average employee prints 10,000 documents every year
- 45% of these documents end up in the trash by the end of the business day
- In the past 20 years, paper use in the US has increased from 92 tons to over 208 tons annually. That’s an increase of 126%!
These are staggering statistics! Let’s look at just a few ways MPS can work to make your business more eco-friendly:
- Analzye Current Practices – An MPS provider will assess and analyze the current state of your print environment, taking into account energy use and paper waste. Once you know what’s working and what isn’t you can make the appropriate adjustments to conserve.
- Fleet Optimization – Old technology can guzzle energy. As technology improves and becomes more energy efficient, an MPS provider can help you upgrade your fleet to keep your technology on the cutting edge while reducing your carbon footprint.
- Reducing Output – By using the lowest cost devices offering secure printing and routing you will have less unnecessary output ultimately helping the environment; plus you’ll lower your costs!
- Fewer Consumables – MPS can help you go green by introducing conservative print measures that will reduce your use of consumables including duplexing (two-sided printing) and defaulting printers to black and white.
- Going Paperless – MPS can help you to significantly reduce your company’s reliance on hardcopy documents. Today’s technology can help you to compile, share, edit, archive and store documents digitally, so that they’re easily found and secure. Not only will you lower paper use, you’ll improve workflow processes and boost productivity!
It’s time to take a sustainable business approach! Contact an Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office representative today and ask us about taking the first step with a complimentary print assessment. It’s a smart business decision!