Is Your Office as Productive as It Could Be?
Business owners are always looking for innovative ways to make the office run more efficiently, cut costs and streamline workflows. The most productive offices all share some common attributes that not only cut costs but make efficiency the baseline for day-to-day operations.
With a few changes, you can change your workplace to increase employee morale, make your team more productive and keep them engaged.
Here are five tips to get you started on the road to increased productivity!
- Step One: Assess – Start with a review of your physical office space. Take an inventory of equipment and furniture. Ask how often each piece is used and by whom. Once you understand where you currently stand, you can begin to cut costs and make adjustments in your environment to improve efficiency and productivity. Trade in, sell or recycle items that are no longer needed.
- Consolidate Hardware – Outdated hardware can be inefficient, increase costs and create workflow bottlenecks. An overabundance of personal printers can an expensive strategy. Consolidating your fleet by installing an energy efficient, multifunctional networked device can improve workflows and lower costs.
- Proper Lighting – Proper lighting is important. Whenever possible maximize natural light. Not only will you save money by reducing energy costs, natural light has many health benefits and recent studies have shown that it increases productivity and employee morale.
- Make it Comfortable – The fact is, comfortable employees are more productive. Arrange cubicles for productive comfort but be sure to keep it presentable and professional. Many big tech companies offer nap pods and comfy couches for a reason… because a relaxed employee is a more creative, productive employee!
- Go Digital – Less paper increases productivity and improves workflows. No more lost time spent searching for important documents! You’ll also free up valuable real estate when you lose the need for filing cabinets. With the right scanner or multifunction printer, it can be done quickly and easily.
Want to be more productive? Give us a call and ask us about a free print assessment. We’ll look at your current print environment and workflows, help you to identify productivity gaps and offer solutions to lower costs and improve efficiency.