Personalized Customer Service and Your Business
The value of personalized customer service shouldn’t be underestimated. A recent report found that 66% of consumers feel that excellent customer service was their biggest motivator for buying from a particular company. The same report found that businesses that focus on providing an excellent customer experience throughout the entire buying process generate 60% higher profits than their competitors.
When a customer walks into your establishment and receives personalized service, they take note. In fact, another study found that 76% of customers believe that the level of customer service they receive is a good indicator of how a business values them. Making it personal consistently sets the standard of care that your customers will appreciate.
Consumers have plenty of choices. Personalized customer service can set your business apart. Studies show that 55% of consumers will spend more for a product or service if they receive exemplary customer service before, during and after their purchase.
Understanding how to deliver personalized service is the key. Here are five tips that can move your business beyond “service with a smile.”
- Get to Know Your Customers by Name – A simple gesture that makes a huge impact and builds trust and relationships.
- Send Handwritten Notes – Have your team sign birthday cards for top customers or send handwritten notes of appreciation a few times a year.
- Do Business with Your Customers – If your customers also own businesses, frequent them, or use their services. Join your local Chamber of Commerce and network with other local business owners.
- Offer Workshops or Demonstrations – Personalized service includes education. Offer demos or workshops to add value.
- Spotlight Customers – Feature your best customers on your social media platforms or your website. Let them know how instrumental they are to your success!
Personalizing your customer service efforts can help build and sustain long-term relationships. Use these tips to offer customers the kind of service that they will appreciate and respond to and they’ll reward you with years of repeat business!