Top Advantages of Software as a Service
As more business services make their way online and operate with more efficiency and resiliency, companies are turning to innovative solutions to meet their unique needs. Software as a Service (SaaS) is a distribution model the features applications hosted by a provider and delivered online.
SaaS provides an interesting alternative to the standard purchase/license/install model, where you must install applications on your server and configure it. Instead, the applications reside on an external server on the cloud and are accessed via the Internet. It works much like a rental. Your organization has the authorization to use it for a period of time and you pay only for the software that you are using.
Here are five advantages of the SaaS delivery model.
- You’ll Benefit Faster – SaaS differs from traditional software models because your software is installed, configured, and ready to go. As a result, any new software you choose to integrate is immediately available, current, and always updated automatically. Just log in and you’re in business!
- Lower Cost – SaaS can provide cost savings. Because it resides in a shared, or multi-tenant environment, a license is lower in cost than the traditional model. Along with lower costs for use, maintenance costs are lower as well.
- Scalability – Because SaaS lives in the cloud, it’s easily scalable and can integrate with other SaaS offerings. You’ll never need to buy another server or software license, and you can easily scale up (or down) as your needs change.
- Automatic Upgrades – With SaaS, it falls on your provider to upgrade their offerings as upgrades and security updates become available. The costs are much lower than the traditional model where you’re forced to purchase an upgrade package, or license, and install it, or pay for specialized services to get your environment upgraded.
- Freedom and Mobility – Mobility is by far the biggest benefit you’ll enjoy with Software as a Service. As COVID-19 has affected all of our operations, it’s become crystal clear how powerful mobility truly is. With SaaS and an Internet connection, your team can access the software tools and data they need to function from anywhere. No need to install software, or access a VPN.
Here at Atlantic we offer our clients a complete IT solution including over 500 certified business and productivity applications with these benefits:
- No additional hardware costs
- No initial setup costs
- Pay only for what you use
- Easily scale services up or down as needed
- Automatic upgrades and security updates
- Cross-device compatibility
- Access from anywhere with an Internet connection
- Dynamic storage that grows with you
- Server maintenance, software maintenance
- SSAE 16 SOC II Security
Hit the ground running with an Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office solution with customized software at a fraction of the upfront cost.
Ready to learn more? Give your Atlantic representative a call today and let us show you all of the benefits our complete IT solution can offer your business.