7 Tips for a Successful Business Trip
An unfamiliar environment, lack of sleep, change of schedule, and unavailability of resources presents a number of challenges during business travel, leading to a decrease in productivity. Maximize your time away from the office by preparing for your time on the road, and having a plan in place for when you arrive.
- Go digital. Eliminate the risk of data theft by storing all the information you’ll need in the cloud, and scanning and digitizing hardcopy documents. Utilize cloud storage and collaboration tools to allow any member of your team easy access to your data whether at home or on the road.
- Make a list, check it twice. Once you’ve decided which devices you’ll need, create a checklist to make sure you have everything to ensure their continuous operation including power cords, charging cords, spare batteries and more.
- Time is on your side. Use down time at the airport or on board your flight to review your work, prepare for a meeting, read emails, or communicate with colleagues.
- Be consistent. Don’t risk a bad night’s sleep, or lack of space or amenities by booking at a different hotel each time you travel. You’ll enjoy the consistency of booking with the same chain, and the points associated with any loyalty programs or perks offered to regular customers.
- Stay in charge. Ensure all your electronics are completely charged before you leave to increase productivity while in the air and when you arrive. Take every opportunity to top up your devices to avoid running out of power at an inopportune moment, or searching for an outlet in unfamiliar surroundings.
- Print away. Printing contracts, presentations and last-minute documents won’t be a problem while you’re on the road with a secure mobile print solution in place.
- Take care. Stay hydrated, eat healthy, get plenty of sleep and take time to relax while on the road to enhance productivity and reduce stress.