Should You Outsource or Hire for Your Company’s IT Services in 2018?
The pace of technology moves at lightning speed these days and promises to continue to do so in 2018. Supporting and keeping networks running smoothly can be difficult and time consuming, especially for small and medium-sized businesses. Thinking about increasing your investment in IT support this year? Not sure if hiring an in-house IT team or outsourcing your IT is the right choice?
Let’s take a look at both options to help you make an informed decision.
Hiring tech support in-house is appealing. When you hire IT staff in-house you can expect:
- Unlimited Availability: An on-staff IT person is dedicated to your business. They are always there to address issues as they arise.
- Immediate Response: Because they are in your office, problems should be addressed immediately. That means less downtime.
- Control: Having an in-house team means that you can monitor their work to make sure they are meeting company needs and following protocol.
- Specialization: Over time, your in-house team will come to learn your business rhythm and needs. This knowledge can help them to design solutions to meet your company goals.
However, hiring in-house does have some drawbacks. Along with paying salary and benefits, you’ll need to provide the tools necessary to do the job. While they are assets, you may have a significant capital expenditure to consider. It can also take time to find the right employee fit for your organization, and for them to understand your business.
Managed IT Services
Outsourcing can be a cost-effective solution for many businesses. Managed IT Services provides:
- Expertise: One major benefit is the experience and knowledge you can leverage. A good Managed IT Services provider has worked with businesses across different industries giving them a depth of understanding to help you create the perfect solution.
- Cost Predictability: Outsourcing can cost less than hiring in-house. Most Managed IT providers work on a fixed monthly rate, allowing for budget predictability.
- Tools: A Managed IT provider will have the tools they need to do the job. And they know their tools work.
Managed IT Services offers plenty of benefits including budget predictability, improved productivity and proven solutions. It you’d like to learn more, give us a call. We’re always happy to show you how Managed IT Services can save your company money, improve productivity, and keep your office running.
P.S. Is reducing your office security risks high on your priority list in 2018? Download our free guide “9 Document Security Risks in Every Office” to learn how you can reduce the risks in your office today!